Selangor Freight Forwarders and Logistics Association
The association was formed and registered in 14th June 1973 under the Societies Act 1966.
Initially, the name of the association was “Association of Forwarding Agents Port Klang” or its acronym AFAPK. As the name implies, the main purpose of the set up was to protect and champion the interest of Forwarding Agents or Custom Brokers. As the logistics industry evolved, naturally, the association would have to evolve too, thus, in May 2003, the association name, Association of Forwarding Agent Port Klang (AFAPK) was changed to Selangor Freight Forwarders and Logistics Association (SFFLA).
- To persuade and encourage all licensed forwarding agents and logistics players in Selangor to be members – under one umbrella – with a view to adequately inform the members of all happenings related to the industry.
- To promote, support and protect the common interests of all members through exchange and dissemination of correct and relevant information.
- To provide a forum for discussion on all matters affecting members so as to make prudent and pragmatic decision that will promote, protect and benefit the members.
- To conduct and organize professional training courses related to the industry for the benefit of members
- To establish and evolve a Code of Conduct among members, the observance of which will improve the overall quality and effectiveness of their services.
- To establish linkages with other associations, locally and internationally related to the industry for sharing professional knowledge and best practices.